Marriage License Information
MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
Requirements for a marriage license issued by Loup County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age or upwards. If either party is a minor, no license shall be granted without written consent of a parent or guardian. Such consent forms are available in the office of the Loup County Clerk.
- One form of identification is required – i.e. Driver’s License or Passport.
- Need to know the birthplace of the bride and groom.
- Need full names (including maiden name of mothers) and birthplaces of both parents.
- The bride and groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security number.
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death)
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.
- Marriage License Fee: $25.00
To receive a certified copy of a marriage license issued in Loup County, please send a check or money order to for $9.00 and the following information:
Name of Groom.
Name of Bride (including maiden name)
Month/day/year of marriage
Loup County Clerk
Taylor NE 68879-0187